Here I am!

Here I am!
This is a picture of me, so that you can go ahead and put a face to the person that's behind this blog! This is a pic from a little bit ago, but one of my faves none the less...! :-) Hope that you enjoy!

Search Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Welcome to Enchantress Nicky's Blog

Witch's Guide to Magic 

Welcome to Enchantress Nicky's Blog:

Hello, there. My name is Enchantress Nicky. Something that I'm trying out for the Witchcraft / Wiccan / Pagan "World." Nicky or Joose is what everyone calls me, but you should always have your Witch Name... So, I decided on Enchantress Nicky for now. You can start with something simple, or something from ancient culture. Something from Mythology, Gods / Goddesses, etc. You can use herbs, crytals, gems, scents, etc. It's up to you and what you decide on and choose. You can even change it later on as you progress in your study, devotion, practice and rituals.

How to select your name is something that we will cover later on. But first, I wanted to introduce myself and give a little background information. I am currently 31 years old, and I started studying and practicing magic in middle school, so I started about 18 or 19 years ago, something like that? So, almost a decade ago is when I decided to start studying and practicing magic. Now, when I first began, I didn't quite know what to expect, or what I was getting myself into... Luckily for me, I didn't start messing with the dark arts, although I have studied them. I would consider myself a "White Witch" since I'm mostly interested in practicing White Magic. My ex-girlfriend had a VERY INTERESTING comment that she told me about, which really resonated with me and made sense, which is why I study Black Magic and have access to it, if I need it, but I don't practice it. What she said was this, "You can't fight evil with rainbows and unicorns, so it's something that you should have on hand if you need it, but only use it if and when you REALLY NEED to!"

Now, there's three different main "categories" of magic. First, you have White Magic, and Black Magic, which pretty much everyone knows about. However, you also have Grey Magic. This is something that isn't always intentional and can happen if you don't clearly set your intentions, clear yourself of all negative energy and vibes, plus some more stuff as well, which we will dive deeper into later on. My favorite way to explain Grey Magic, is by the following. Let's say that you're diong a White Magic Money Spell. Not to much later, a family member of your's dies and ends up leaving you an inheritance in their will. Now, you of course didn't intend on anything bad happening, but unfortunately it did; kind of like the monkey's paw, you get what you wish for but not the way that you want it. This is the best description and explanation of Grey Magic, and is my favorite to use when talking about / explaining. It's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT for you to make sure your intentions are set very clearly and your energy is pure and cleansed. Also make sure you have the proper ritual tools and items needed, as well.

Everyone and anyone practicing and / or studying magic needs to have their own book of shadows. I know, sounds kind of "dark" and "scary," right? Well don't worry, it's not! A Book of Shadows is simply your own spell book that you're putting together. It's important to have spell books, apps, websites, etc. However, it's more important for you to have a Book of Shadows so that you can write down and / or collect specific spells, rituals, chants, potions, etc. into your Book of Shadows. Including any notes, specific information that you deem important, and anything else related that you want to include. This is very personal and special to each witch, because it's their own book, their own collection of information, spells, chants, rituals, potions, charts, explanations, etc. It's your's and your's alone, so you can put whatever you want into it, there's nothing that you can put into it that's wrong, because it's your special and personal book. It's almost like a journal, but more effective and more spiritual.

Now, speaking of Spirtuality... I'm a VERY Spiritual person, but I am NOT religious AT ALL WHATSOEVER!!! There are a lot of people that DO NOT understand the difference! They say, "Isn't that the same thing?" To which I always reply, "Being religious and being spiritual are two different things. You can be one without the other, or even both." I also go on to explain, "I don't believe in god or the devil, because in order to believe in one, you must believe in the other; I believe in life and nature itself." Everything has energy, and there are different types of energy and various forms of energy as well. I believe that our energy, or soul, or whatever you want to call it, is repurposed. For example, when I was a child and I first heard about reincarnation, I just knew it was true! I believed it whole-heartedly and could feel it in my bones that it was real and true! I now know and understand it was because I have had multiple lives before this one. Starting as a child, everyone used to call me an "Old Soul" and that is why. I AM an old soul, and have lived other lives. I promise to elaborate more on that later. Anyways, back to spirituality and religion... Native Americans are VERY spiritual, but they are not religious, that's one example. I do NOT believe in organized religion. Going to chruch every Sunday does NOT make you a good person, especially when you are judgemental, rude, arrogant and a hypocrite!

Anyways, for now I'm going to close this, so that I can get my blog started. I hope that this was a good and interesting first post. Hopefully it was enough to show you a general idea about what my blog is going to be about, but of course there's going to be much, much more! Please subscribe to my blog, and I would love to hear, see and read your comments, questions, and feedback. Therefore, I encourage you to post some! Thanks for your time and for reading my blog! I hope you continue reading in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment